Holistic living, learning and healing centers
Soul Sanctuaries are what we call the intentional communities that we wish to build, first in South Africa, then in the US.
The intent of the Soul Sanctuaries is to model a holistic way of life. That is, to live life wholly (Holy) and authentically, showing and teaching those we serve that being aware of our true essence will bring peace and healing to ourselves, our communities, and our world.
What is an Intentional Community?
"An intentional community is a group of people who have chosen to live together with a common purpose, working cooperatively to create a lifestyle that reflects their shared core values... placing a high priority on fostering a sense of community–a feeling of belonging and mutual support that is increasingly hard to find in mainstream Western society."
Many of our evolving concepts of community have been fostered and influenced by the the following readings:
"The Ringing Cedars of Russia, " series, by Vladimir Megre
"Creating a Life Together," by Diana Leafe Christian, and
Fellowship for Intentional Communities "Communities" magazines.
What is a Soul Sanctuary?
A Soul Sanctuary is a place to discover your true self. An intentional cooperative community, where the residents, members, long-term visitors and guests work together in various fields and industries, offering their own gifts and talents to provide for the health of the whole. We will offer public services, events and accommodations, and each Soul Sanctuary will have an expanded role that drives one or more target industries:
Each Soul Sanctuary will offer:
⦁ Nature and outdoor living experiences
⦁ Family living
⦁ Guest accommodations
⦁ Common house
⦁ Communal kitchen/dining area
⦁ Event Center (for workshops, speakers, concerts, parties, etc.)
⦁ Livestock farm and apiary
⦁ Organic produce/herbal farm and greenhouse
⦁ Spa/massage/healing center
⦁ Sanctuary among nature for prayer and meditation
⦁ School for residents' children
⦁ Game room and playgrounds
⦁ Library and video lounge
⦁ Arts and crafts studio
⦁ Work shops and offices
⦁ Cafe/Gift Shop
All residents will participate in general upkeep of property and facilities and will be required to offer a few hours a week to other community industries.
We will be open to public for short or long-term visits. All guests will be encouraged to participate in routines, and creative and recreational activities to promote spiritual growth and understanding.
Below is a blue print of how we envision The Omni Foundation communities being built.
Our FOUNDATION is a common spiritual understanding: I Am because we are: WE ARE ONE – It is from this foundation that the entire enterprise stands. We cannot become a solid unit if we see ourselves as separate from the whole. Such is the plight of humanity. Few understand their part in the whole, and so they don’t operate according to their purpose. Our purpose is to be a model of how to operate as one, and to help and inspire others to do the same.
From the foundation of Oneness, there will rise the PILLARS of the community:
Awareness, Transparency, Responsibility and Cooperation. These pillars will uphold a framework encircling health of mind, body, spirit and environment.
The following eight roles and industries will be HOUSED within the framework of the community:
Holistic Healing Center
Spiritual Growth Center
Administration: Book keeping, payroll and public relations
Education: School for residents' children, modeled after the Waldorf educational system and our own philosophy (will eventually work toward accreditation)
Farming: Care of livestock, vegetable garden, green house, orchards and bees
Holistic Health Center: Offering various holistic remedies, therapies and exercises for mind, body and spirit
Hospitality: Guest and member accommodations, housekeeping, kitchen, cafe and gift shop
Maintenance: Overall property maintenance including building, electrical, plumbing, and grounds keeping
Production House: Publishing, recording, other media, arts and crafts
Spiritual Growth Center: Education for personal change and spiritual development for those seeking clarity, healing and guidance
What We Believe
THE ONENESS DECLARATION OF HUMANITY'S TEAM:
Our spiritual likemindedness
1. That the message We Are All One, interrelated, interconnected and interdependent, with God/Life/One-another, is the one spiritual message that the world has been waiting for to bring about loving and sustainable answers to humanity’s challenges.
2. That the world does not have to be the way it is – and that individual people can change it, using the power of spiritual citizenship.
3. That humanity is good and has unlimited potential, and that social transformation starts with personal transformation. I therefore recognize the importance of connecting with my Divine Essence and inner wisdom throughout my life’s journey; allowing the finest and the highest levels of human potential to flourish for the benefit of all.
4. That my aspirations support spiritual principles, global ethics and universal values such as respect, justice, peace, dignity, freedom, responsibility and cooperation that underlie this declaration.
5. That human beings need each other to survive on this planet. I recognize that we are all in this together and that community flourishes as we learn about each other and revel in the wonder and beauty of our diversities. I declare that I am playing my part to help to bring about a culture in which we, the peoples of the world, can address our common global concerns in an holistic, positive and transforming way and live together in peace with one another.
6. That Oneness contains All of life – also the parts that we regard as the “other”. I realize that wholeness and togetherness can only be experienced through the recognition of the uniqueness, beauty and purpose of all aspects of life and that this recognition starts with my Self.
7. That I am part of the emerging consciousness that promotes a spirit of openness, enquiry, connection and relationship with myself and the entire universe and who continues to recognize the wonder, beauty and mystery of it all.
8. Global Oneness Day has been established for all of humanity to come together each year as one human family, to discuss, celebrate and experience Oneness with the Divine, each other and all of life.
9. That the time for change is now.
1,000 WORDS THAT WOULD CHANGE THE WORLD
The following 1,000 words, embraced and acted on, could change everything for the better on Earth in one generation:
You think you are being terrorized by other people, but in truth you are being terrorized by your beliefs. Your experience of yourself and your world will shift dramatically if you adopt the Five Steps to Peace:
(1) Permit yourself to acknowledge that some of your old beliefs about God and about Life are no longer working.
(2) Explore the possibility that there is something you do not fully understand about God and about Life, the understanding of which would change everything.
(3) Announce that you are willing for new understandings of God and Life to now be brought forth,understandings that could produce a new way of life on this planet.
(4) Courageously examine these new understandings and, if they align with your personal inner truth and knowing, enlarge your belief system to include them.
(5) Express your life as a demonstration of your highest beliefs, rather than as a denial of them.
Here are some New Understandings you may wish to consider:
* We are all One. All things are One Thing. There is only One Thing, and all things are part of the One Thing There Is. This means that you are Divine. You are not your body, your mind, or your soul. You are the combination of all three, comprising the Totality Of You. You are an expression of Divinity on Earth.
* There’s enough. It is not necessary to compete for, much less fight over, your resources. All you have to do is share.
* There’s nothing you have to do. There is much you will do, but nothing you are required to do. Our God is a loving God who needs nothing, demands nothing, commands nothing, and punishes nothing.
* God talks to everyone, all the time. The question is not: To whom does God talk? The question is: Who listens?
* There is no such thing as absolute Right and Wrong, there is only What Works and What Does Not Work, given what it is you are trying to do. The challenge of humanity is to agree on what it is we are trying to do, individually and as a species.
* Life’s most spectacular invitation is to change human consciousness from a Victim-Villain mentality and a Mine-Yours mentality to a Win-Win/Ours-Ours mentality. This will be accomplished when we understand our true relationship to each other and to God.
* No one does anything inappropriate, given their model of the world. This is a powerful insight that at last identifies the solution to ending humanity’s cruel and self-destructive behaviors: Change the beliefs that form people’s idea of the world and hatred, anger and violence will disappear.
* There is no such place as hell, and eternal damnation does not exist.
* Death does not exist. What you call “death” is merely a process of Re-Identification.
* Love is all there is.
* You are the creator of your own reality, using the Three Tools of Creation: Thought, Word, and Action.
* Your life has nothing to do with you. It is about everyone whose life you touch, and the way in which you touch it.
* The purpose of your life is to recreate yourself anew in the next grandest version of the greatest vision ever you held about Who You Are.
* The moment you declare anything, everything unlike it will come into the space. This is The Law of Opposites, producing a Contextual Field within which that which you wish to express may be experienced. Understanding this allows you to respond positively to life’s most challenging events.
* All truth is subjective. Within this framework there are five levels of truth telling. Tell your truth to yourself about yourself. Tell your truth to yourself about another. Tell your truth about yourself to another. Tell your truth about another to another. Tell your truth to everyone about everything.
* The Ten Illusions of Humans are: Need Exists, Failure Exists, Disunity Exists, Insufficiency Exists, Require-ment Exists, Judgment Exists, Condemnation Exists, Conditionality Exists, Superiority Exists, Ignorance Exists.
* There are Three Core Concepts of Holistic Living: Honesty, Awareness, Responsibility. Live according to these precepts and struggle will disappear from your life.
* Life functions within a Be-Do-Have paradigm. Most people have this backward, imagining that first one must “have” things in order to “do” things, thus to “be” what they wish to be. Reversing this approach is the fastest way to experience mastery in living.
* There are Three Levels of Awareness: Hope, Faith, and Knowing. The third level produces inner peace.
* There are Five Fallacies about God that create crisis, violence, killing and war. First, the idea that God needs something. Second, the idea that God can fail to get what God needs. Third, the idea that God has separated you from God because you have not given God what God needs. Fourth, the idea that God still needs what God needs so badly that God now requires you, from your separated position, to give it to God. Fifth, the idea that God will destroy you if you do not meet God’s requirements.
* There are also Five Fallacies About Life that likewise create crisis, violence, killing and war. First, the idea that human beings are separate from each other. Second, the idea that there is not enough of what human beings need to be happy. Third, the idea that in order to get the stuff of which there is not enough, human beings must compete with each other. Fourth, the idea that some human beings are better than other human beings. Fifth, the idea that it is appropriate for human beings to resolve severe differences created by all the other fallacies by killing each other.
* A New Gospel could heal all the anger on Earth: We are all one. Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way.